UNBELIEVABLE!


Check it out. Last night the most random, but sweet thing happened. Felt the urge to check for tickets to see one of my favorite bands, Sigur Ros, playing at the Chicago Theatre on Sept. 24th, since tix sold out the second they went on sale (I hate how they always do that!). Anyway, I thought I'd check ebay... nothing affordable (they were originally $36, but scalpers are asking from $85 up). Then I thought, What the heck, let's see what Coldplay tix are going for... 'cause they're playing at the United Center July 22nd and 23rd (that's next week!). Of course they sold out immediately as well. But there were several on ebay. So I saw a pair with an hour left, going for like $25, and I was like, No way, someone's gonna drop a wad right at the last sec. Anyway, I decided to bid, and guess what? I scored 2 great tickets to see Coldplay for $63 total! Regularly $77 each ($100 from the scalpers). So needless to say, I'm STOKED. Never seen 'em, and they're definitely one of my top three fav's. Can I get a witness?

Comments

  1. Now that's serendipity for you.

    I think their new album is great... definitely a slightly different creative direction for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the album... don't love it... yet. Don't know if it has the "lasting power" of the first three, but who knows? Viva la Vida (the song) is super cool, but funny thing is the cello riff sounds like the intro to a pop-techno song! Still catchy. The album's much more "spiritual" than any of the others... kinda hard to avoid, i suppose, when you're dealing with themes of life and death.

    serendipity... you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. who are you taking?

    hehehe.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would tell you, but I don't want to endanger his life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts