Big News...and Peace

OK, so I can't exactly break the news... YET. But as soon as I get the go-ahead, I'll be sure to let you know. :-)

I will let you know the consequences of the news, though, because it affects you... yes you. In short, I will be attempting to push my graduation date forward by a semester—that is, attempting to fit two semesters into one semester and a summer. What this has to do with you (hold your breath): less blogging by me.

This is both unfortunate and providential, both for the same reason. At a time when my mind is swirling with "big-time" thoughts, desperate to make heads of this crazy thing we call life, I am forced to press through the chaos with a bit of tunnel-visioned resolve to finish the course(s) on which my family and I have embarked. My goals are simple: finish sooner and finish stronger—with a stronger faith, stronger family, and stronger toolkit for ministering the gospel to a lost and dying world, for the glory of Jesus Christ.

Anyone who's been through (or attempted) seminary/divinity school (ok, mad props to grad school peeps across the board), or been close enough to someone who has to know what it's like, recognizes the ambition of my first two goals. Nevertheless, goals they are, and I'm both trusting in God's providential grace as well as working my tail off to see them attained. And let's not forget the hard work and sacrifices being made by my two marvelous, warrior women (wife and daughter) who are making this possible.

I want to leave you with the words of a Psalm that have been like salve on the gaping wound that has been inflicted on my soul by the raging storm of globalization and the socio-politico-religio-economic turmoil that increasingly characterizes life on planet Earth. Let God speak these words of His again to you, and may your hope be found in Him alone.

Psalm 131 - A Psalm of Ascents. Of David.

1 O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with thingstoo great and too marvelous for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the Lordfrom this time forth and forevermore.


Praise our gracious Lord and King for His eternally good and powerful Word.

Grace and peace,

matt

Comments

Popular Posts