Soul food from Psalms

I'm most of the way through the Psalms in my Bible-reading plan, and just got into Joshua today. The last few days have held treasure troves full of soul food from the Psalter. Is your soul hungry? Feast on these soul-nourishing passages with me.

"Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble." --Psalm 119:165

"I will not enter my house or go to my bed-- I will allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids, till I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob." --Psalm 132:3-5

"You have exalted above all things Your name and Your word." --Psalm 138:2b

"Though the Lord is on high, He looks upon the lowly, but the proud He knows from afar." --Psalm 138:6

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Psalm 85:4-7
    Restore us, O God of our salvation, and cause Thine indignation toward us to cease. Wilt Thou be angry with us forever? Wilt Thou prolong Thine anger to all generations? Wilt Thou not Thyself revive us again, That Thy people my rejoice in Thee? Show us Thy lovingkindness, O Lord, And grant us Thy salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Psalm 88:1-9

    O Lord, God of my salvation, I have cried out by day and in the night before Thee. Let my prayer come before Thee. Incline ear to my cry! for my soul has had enough troubles, and my life has drawn near to Sheol. I am reckoned among those who go down to the pit; I have become like a man without strength, forsaken among the dead, Like the slain who lie in the grave, Whom Thou dost remember no more, and they are cut off from Thy hand. Thou has put me in the lowest pit, In dark places, in the depths. Thy wrath has rested upon me, And Thou has afflicted me with all Thy waves. Thous has remonved my acquaintances far from me; Thou hast made me an object of loathing to them; I am shut up and cannot go out. My eye has wasted away every day, O Lord; I have spread out my hands to Thee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts