Time-Out

For all two of you who stop in to read regularly (thanks!), I think I'm going to take a time-out from blogging for a little while. I've come to realize that I could spend a lot of time keeping up with various blogs (there are lots of very good ones!) and with staying up to speed on all the latest and greatest news, but there really isn't enough time in a day to do it. My daughter needs me. I need her. I need God to fill my life more, especially His Word. I need to do a better job of serving my family by keeping a good handle on household chores, our finances and paperwork. My wife needs to be able to come home and relax after putting in a full day's worth of tax preparation and auditing.

I am also increasingly overwhelmed by how underprepared I feel that I am for seminary. I honestly cannot see myself being ready to be a pastor four years from now. Funny how two years ago, I thought I was ready. I guess a year of doing it (or making a valiant attempt) taught me otherwise. I have a lot of work to do on establishing a consistent devotional life--a prerequisite of which is establishing a consistent sleep-wake schedule and maintaining good health in general. All of this has implications, as you know. There are many books I feel the need to read as well. So off I am to deal with these implications. Thanks for your prayers as I do so!

Comments

Popular Posts