Ryan, the Celebrity

Just yesterday, the SBC Outpost blog published a "resolution" by Missouri Baptist pastor Roger Moran, condemning the SBC's association with the "emerging church". Amidst his absurd, frantic guilt web of association, he quoted a blog entry of my friend Ryan, with whom I founded The Core, in an attempt to show how the SBC is dangerously teetering on the edge of liberalism. HA HA! At least as hilarious as the ridiculous associations he creates, he tags The Core an "SBC church plant". While Ken, Kurt, and Vince graciously oriented us to the ways of MBC church planting via their training seminars (Thanks, guys!), we never established any official ties to the Convention. Thanks anyway for the publicity! And thanks, Andrew, for bringing this across my desk (folding table).

Comments

  1. Now that I'm a celebrity I think I'll go gain (or lose) 5 pounds to see if I can make the cover of the National Enquirer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. Moran could get a job with the Enquirer, since he is highly skilled at fabricating stories that work people into a frenzy. Go for it, Roger! You can put us down as a reference!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts